2009年11月22日 星期日

Emporio Armani Screen for Video

Location: Emporio Armani at Harbour City, Canton Road

These pictures are taken at the Emporio Armani store in Harbour City. There are screens setting at the entrance of the stores and as the window displays. The video broadcast in the screen is actually the runway show of Emporio Armani. The images played or projected in the screen are quite clear and smooth in reality, and this is a nice idea to play the runway show as the introduction for the customers and attract them to visit or enter the stores.

I know setting screen or projected images as parts of the visual merchandising is not any new concepts or ideas. But these videos were easily to capture my attention when I passed by the stores. The reasons why these videos impressed me are not related to the brand (Emporio Armani is not my favorite brand actually), it may be due to the movement and lightness of the videos. People are easily to be attracted by something in motion and colorful, rather than 2-D images and I think this would be the reason.


As we all know that the stores in Harbour City or along the Canton Road are mainly luxury brands, it would be quite difficult to outstand the stores or brands from the competitions. But at the moment I passed by Canton Road, I think Emporio Armani already did it. As I mentioned, playing video is not a new way in communication or promotion, but I think it is an effective way and also in a relatively flexible (you can play whatever you like) and lower cost approach.

By Macca

沒有留言:

張貼留言